Learning to Love God in a World of Options
To lead teens to have a strong Christian faith, learn to love God more deeply, and live for God more faithfully.
Objectives of this Four-Part Series:
- Introduce the concept of a “worldview” as a powerful and practical tool to develop committed Christ-followers.
- Video Teaching (about 20 minutes).
Sections in Each Lesson
- Let’s Kickoff: Introductory questions or activities.
Part 1: Learning to Love the God of the Bible
- Learning to Love Others—and God
- The Worldview Tool
- God: The GOAT of the Universe
- God’s Love Story
- God as Powerful Creator
- God as Incarnate Savior
Part 3: Non-Christian Options
- Different Worldviews: An Overview
- Deism & Secular Humanism: Emphasis on Reason
- Nihilism: The Dive into Despair
- Existentialism: Emphasis on Feelings
- Pantheism and New Age: Everything is One
- Syncretism, Pluralism, and Relativism: Whatever!
Part 2: Loving God in a World of Religious Confusion
- Christianity and Other Religions
- Christianity and Christian Denominations
- God as All Powerful and All Knowing
- God, Pain, and Pandemics
- A God of Truth and Grace
- God, Morality, and Sexuality
Part 4: The Christian Worldview: It’s True
- Meaning, Morality, and Social Justice
- Christianity and Science
- Jesus and His Resurrection: The Gospels
- Jesus and His Resurrection: The New Testament
- The Bible: The Authority of the Books
- The Bible: The Reliability of the Text